The car arrived at our workshop as a bare shell, all we had were the seat frames that Chris had made, the transmission tunnel, the patterns from the first set of seats we trimmed and some more photographs. Once again the seats were built from scratch, easier this time though as the thinking work had already been done. The door panels and front footwell panels were all made from aluminium and trimmed accordingly.
You will see from the photographs how we set about making a hood for the car using strings to give a centre line to work from and for positioning seams etc. We then cut paper patterns before cutting out the hooding and starting to make the hood itself.
The boot area of the California was trimmed in Hardura (as the Berlinetta) bound with a vinyl single fell binding. The interior carpets were all bound in hide.
The car left us with the white protective paper still on the windows as the rest of the car had to be finished and we didn’t want the window to be damaged or dirtied whilst the remaining work was carried out. The car was then shipped to Chris’ customer in the USA.